Chemical peels are a great way to improve your skin, for a bright, smooth, clear appearance. Naturally occurring acids are applied to the skin to remove the top layers and promote cell turnover, revealing smoother and younger-looking skin. They offer a variety of benefits, including:
- Reduces visible signs of aging, such as fine lines and wrinkles
- Improve the appearance of uneven skin tone and dullness by exfoliating surface cells
- Softens and smoothes the skin’s surface texture
- Decreases the frequency of acne breakouts and fades the appearance of post-acne discoloration
Peels are essential for optimal treatment of photodamage, acne, rosacea, fine wrinkles, dullness of the skin, and melasma. Here at Angell Medical Spa, we can provide Medical Grade Peels for more immediate and dramatic results. Depending on skin type and desired results, there is are options for Medium or Deep Peels.
We strongly encourage a skin care & conditioning plan including Medical Grade chemical peels prior to, or in conjunction with, other anti-aging procedures. This will help you make the most of your treatment plan.
Chemical peels use naturally occurring acids, including Alpha Hydroxy Acids and Beta Hydroxy Acids.
Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHA): AHA treatments accelerate cell renewal to reduce signs of photodamage. It is ideal for dry, combination, and sensitive skin. Key benefits include: reducing fine lines and wrinkles, laxity, and skin imperfections.
Beta Hydroxy Acids (BHA): They promote skin’s renewal process, specifically for the treatment of acne and inflammation caused by acne. It is ideal for oily, combination, and acneic skin with moderate post-inflammatory pigmentation. Key benefits include: reducing acne, refining the appearance of pores, and improving rough texture, blotchiness and uneven skin tone.
Chemical peel treatments are individually customized for optimal results by using a combination of methods, including in-office procedures and at-home anti-aging products. They are safe and ideal for all skin types, including sensitive skin.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Do they hurt?
- During the treatment, most people feel a burning sensation that lasts about 5-10 minutes, followed by a stinging sensation.
- What can I expect after the procedure?
- You may experience some redness or swelling after the procedure. You will need to avoid the sun for several months after a chemical peel. We will provide all the information you need for post-treatment care.