Botox® (onabotulinumtoxinA) and Dysport® (abobotulinumtoxinA) are both neuromodulators that are FDA approved for the treatment of dynamic wrinkles. This is the most common non-invasive medical treatment for anti-aging. If you still have wrinkles after Neuromodulators, fillers may be used to fill in and soften these further.
Tiny quantities of these molecules are injected into target muscles where they temporarily reduce muscle contraction, smoothing wrinkles in the area.
Results generally last for 3-4 months, but can vary by patient and the area treated. The procedure takes about 10 minutes. You can resume normal activities right after, with the exception of strenuous exercise.
*results may vary
The most common treatment areas are in the upper face, and include the horizontal forehead lines, deep vertical lines between the eyebrows (also known as the "11's), and crow's feet. These wrinkles form over time as a result of repeated muscle contractions from frowning and squinting, as well as the reduction of collagen and sun damage. Other treatments include:
- Brow Lift: lift and shape eyebrows to give a brighter, more awake appearance to the eyes
- Bunny Lines: soften the wrinkles on the sides of the nose
- Gummy Smile: correct a gummy smile, where the upper lip pulls high above the teeth, exposing gum tissue while smiling
- Jaw Slimming: reduce the size of the masseter muscles that can be overactive from genetics, TMJ & gum chewing
- Lip Lines: smooth the vertical lines caused by aging, drinking from straws, smoking, or genetics
- Chin Dimpling: smooth an "orange peel" appearance of the chin
- Marionette Lines: soften these lines and reduce the downturn at the corners of the mouth
- Platysmal Bands: smooth neck bands and wrinkles
- Hyperhidrosis: reduce excessive sweating in the arm pits or hands
- Will I look frozen? No. You will still have the ability to look naturally surprised, curious, happy, sad, concerned, etc... Many people who seek Botox do so to actually bring out more of the positive facial expressions, and to diminish or erase the frown and worry lines.
- Will people notice? Possibly, but in a good way if injected correctly. You will look rested and younger, but still look like you.
- Will it hurt? These injections are virtually pain free!
- How long will it last? The effects last 3-6 months.
We always include extra time for our new patients to be sure that we answer all of your questions, and that you are completely comfortable before proceeding with your treatments.